Agbero App Out To Ease Public Transportation – Ogunmilade
Ruiti Agbero Limited, the Fare Payments as a service provider has introduced the Agbero App which is available for download from the Google Playstore. The Agbero App is a city wide fare payments service.
“In a low income economy as we have in Nigeria, the ‘Agbero’ App is a positive response to the yearnings of the riders to have a fare system commensurate with their ability to pay.
Ridership and Revenue.
Revd. Ogunmilade explained further that in order to travel for a whole day, the rider will just buy a ticket with the mobile phone and ride on the boats/ferries/buses operators partnering with the Agbero App.
“The Transaction Dynamics involved is that the App which is a fare payment as A – Service – App enables transport operators to use a platform that gives them fare collection on a platter. They simply log on and they are in service.
It is designed to complement their existing ticketing arrangements. The Agbero pays them as the riders use their services. And the commuters pay once.”
Comparative Statistics: London vs Lagos
S/N GENERAL LONDON LAGOS
1. Population 9.5 Million 25 Million
2. Buses 6,000 1,000
3. Trains 500 None
4. Riders Population 6million 12million
For rolling stocks financing, the Agbero App is a transparent Cost Recovery Mechanism.
Therefore, institutional fund providers have a lot to gain from supporting the Agbero Mobile Ticketing Solution for Public Transport in Nigeria.
Other Specific Deliverables as listed include;
1. Riders Bring Their Own Ticket
2. The Riders Ticket in His / Her own pocket / bag
3. Reduction In Cost Of Operations For Transport Operators
4. Lower Fares for Riders / Commuters / Passengers
5. All Round Cashless Transactions
6. Achieving the Covid – 19 Protocols e.g. Social Distancing In Ticket Purchasing Process, Non-Touching of Common Surfaces Like Cash, Paper/Plastic Tickets etc.